Monday, January 7, 2019

Wine's Dark Web


There are wine sites on the internet where you don’t want to go. I’m not just referring to the horrors of PUNCH or Wine Anorak, but sites even worse for wine (and language) lovers. Worse than Forbes.com! Worse than Wine Folly!  Sites that expose the vulnerable underbelly of the wine business. Sites where everyone and everything is for sale. Sites that you cannot believe exist. Yet they do.


I think I must be the first wine writer, and I use the term loosely, to explore the seedy and dangerous world of Wine's Dark Web. It's the scariest place in the wine business outside of my brain. I urge you not to go there, but to go here, to Tim Atkin's award-winning site, on Wine's Lite Web, to read about all the nightmarish things on the Dark Web.

I hope you'll leave your thoughts, reactions, and insights over at Tim's. You're also welcome to leave them here, though this is also a scary place. Tighten your Depends, we're off to the ninth circle of Wine Hell.

TIM ATKIN MW

2 comments:

Paul in St. Augustine said...

Where is everybody? Maybe unicorns and rainbows are in order.

Ron Washam, HMW said...

Paul,
There were common taters over on Tim's site, but it's quiet around here. I think everyone has given up HoseMaster for the new year. Maybe I should, too.

Glad someone finally showed up!